February is one of my favourite months. I like that it doesn’t have a distinct vibe and it can kind of become whatever you make of it. I also like the candy heart and pink and red everything.
THINGS WE’LL DO THIS MONTH: February 2019
Goal setting is fun. It’s great motivation to sit down and hash out the things we want to do and fantasize about the roads that will take us there. When we talk about goals, we talk about money and career and real estate and competition, but we rarely talk about good, old-fashioned leisure. What I’ve found is that having some fun and light-hearted goals is a nice way to interrupt the monotony and drudgery of obligation. Month to month, I will publish a list of things I would like to do during the month ahead. Of course, this list doesn’t take the place of all of my standard goals related to health, wellness, money and spirituality, but I reserve the right to, in some cases, blur the lines.
- The Wellness Show For the second year in a row, I’m checking this out and this time I’ll have my mom and my aunt in tow!
- Celebrate Chinese New Year. The Year of the Pig is coming up on Tuesday, February 5th and I have a few little crafts to finish up and share. I also have some work to do to get our house tidied up. Tip: now is the time to clean out all the bad luck in time for the new year! But do NOT clean on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Road trip to Seattle I have a race there – my favourite race! – and I’m excited to get back to one of our favourite neighbourhoods and to see how I perform. I am the most prepared for a race that I probably ever have been and that holds interesting possibilities.
- Valentines Day All of it.
- Vacation A week+ out of the office.
- Houseguest! We’re super excited to have a friend coming for a super exciting, fun-filled weekend long birthday party!
Amid all that, I’m working on continuing my work on slowing down, focusing more intently and being selective.
What’s in store for you this February?